Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project Smile: Day 7

Wow, have I really been doing this for a week already? Time sure flies when you have something to keep you busy I guess. It also goes by much faster when you learn to appreciate the good things you have in your life instead of dwelling on the negative. Easier said than done, I know. I definitely recommend trying it though. This last week has had it's ups and downs but at the end of the day, when I look back on the events of the day, I realize that I have so much in my life to be grateful for. Not everything goes the way I want it to all the time and there is some stuff that I would like to be different, but everything that is thrown my way is a situation for me to learn from and a chance for me to grow. Things aren't always perfect, but how boring would life be if it was? Here are the things that made me smile today:

#1: Have you ever seen the movie Bucket List? Well I have my own "bucket list". For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a movie about a guy who is dying and he has a list of things he wants to do before he passes. It's a really good movie. Anyway, the #1 thing on my list is to make a difference in at least one persons life. I want to change someones life in a positive way. Whether it is being a shoulder to cry on for a friend in need or helping a complete stranger. I just want to make a difference to someone. Lately though, I am starting to think that I have already accomplished my #1. The comments, messages, and emails I have been getting from my friends are really touching my heart. I have tried my hardest to be there for the girls that I know who's husbands are deployed and it makes me feel so good to know that there are a few of them that I have really helped. I don't want anyone to think that I do it for recognition though, I honestly do it because I know how hard it is to have a loved one overseas and I know how much it helps to have someone who understands what you are going through. I want to be an encouragement and I just want people to realize that they are so much stronger then they give themselves credit for. I would like to thank those of you who have written me lately, you might not realize it, but your words have made a difference in my life. For all of those who are starting to doubt themselves and feeling like they can't make it through hard times in their lives, just remember this: "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" -Famous words of Winnie The Pooh :)

#2: This one is gonna throw you for a loop. I am scared to death of fish, I mean like anxiety attack afraid. Along with that fear, I do not eat fish. I don't like fish sandwiches, fish and chips, or fried fish. BUT I LOVE sushi. Weird I know. I could eat sushi everyday for the rest of my life and be the happiest person ever. Mmmm just thinking about eating it is making my mouth water. Anyway, I had sushi today with one of my favorite girls and it was so much fun. She's new to sushi so it was awesome taking her to my favorite place and showing her all of my favorite dishes. We also had some great conversation which is always nice too. I am pretty lucky, I have awesome friends.

#3: I know I have written about this one before but I seriously LOVE Zumba! After being sick all weekend, I was going through some serious Zumba withdrawals. So I went to class tonight and it was amazing!! There were a couple times where I felt a little lightheaded, I think I am still slightly dehydrated from being sick. It's crazy how much I feel it in my body when I don't go to a couple classes. When I move to Tennessee I better be able to find a class that is as good as the one I go to now.

So here I am, at the beginning of Day 8 and already I am off to a great start. I've been getting to talk to Alex a lot lately which has been so nice. I don't get to hear his voice, which sucks, but we are able to chat online. So yayyy for have another successful day on Day 7 and here's to hoping for an even better day on Day 8 :) Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment