Right now, my husband is deployed in Afghanistan for the second time: first Iraq, then Afghanistan, and now back. He's an infantryman, been in for almost 7 years now and will probably be a lifer. We've been together a little over 6 years and married for going on 4 months. He's my hero.
My life is FAR from simple, there is lots that I don't know and even more that I am uncertain about.
Here's what I do know: Loving someone in the military is incredibly hard whether you are a wife, fiance, girlfriend, or best friend. I know this because I have been every one of those things at one point or another. And missing someone who is deployed for a year is just as hard as missing someone who is in the field for a week.
Love is love no matter how far away you are or how long you are gone.
I am a PROUD member of a wonderful support group called S.A.S.S. Best group of girls I have ever met. Check them out, you won't regret it :)
My goal is to try to blog everyday. Once I get more used to this hopefully it won't be so choppy and jumbled. And hopefully it helps those of you who are going through deployments as well...
Below I have listed a few random facts about me so you can get to know me a little better:
1. I am a daughter, sister, cousin, niece, friend, & best friend…but above all else I am a wife & that’s my favorite part of my life. (Plus I am an Army Wife so that makes it 10 times better.)
2. I truly believe, with everything in me, that everything happens the way it is supposed to & at the time is it supposed to happen.
3. I am DEATHLY afraid of fish.
4. My husband was my best friend for 6 years before he became my husband, because of that I feel like we have an unbreakable bond.
5. In my 25 years of life I have lived in 7 different states (in this order): Virginia, Washington, Montana, South Carolina, Texas, North Carolina, & California. In June of 2011 I will live in my 8th state, Tennessee, & I am BEYOND excited.
6. My dream car is either a BMW X5 or a 1964 ½ Ford Mustang 289 cherry red w/ black interior & bucket seats….but since I can’t afford a BMW & I have already had a ’64 ½ Mustang, my next car is going to be a Nissan Murano.
7. I take my phone with me everywhere & will have a complete anxiety attack if I can’t find it or forget it somewhere, especially when my husband is deployed.
8. I have a handful of best friends that I could not live without & I love each one of them more than anything.
9. I can’t wait to become a mother, even though I tell people all the time I don’t want kids. All I want are boys but since I am married to an infantryman he has the curse so our fist child will be a girl.
10. I am a total dog person & I prefer big dogs to little dogs.
11. I am a complete tomboy. I LOVE football, gorey movies, video games, shooting guns, & playing outside. I think because of all that, I get along much easier with guys than I do with girls.
12. I don’t drink coffee, tea, iced tea, energy drinks, or dark soda. Caffeine & I don’t mix well together.
13. Making decisions are nearly impossible for me; I can hardly ever make up my mind.
14. I HATE it when people think that all pitbulls are violent dogs. I have a 6 year old pit who is the sweetest most loving dog in the world…just watch out because she will lick your face off.
15. My goal before my husband gets back is to become an amazing cook. We'll see how well that works out, I am the kind of girl that can ruin Top Ramen or Easy Mac.