Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Funny Story

I know that all of you know where I am coming from when I say that there are times I miss my husband so much I swear I hear his voice or out of the corner of my eye I feel like I see him. This is where my story starts.

The day Alex deployed he gave me an alarm clock with a picture of us in it and a recording of his voice. It took me a few hours after he left to be able to listen to the recording, I was already an emotional mess and I knew the recording would make it ten times worse. When I finally listened to it, I cried. It was the sweetest thing ever and it is now one of my most cherished possessions. I have it sitting next to my bed and I listen to it every night before I go to sleep but since Alex has been gone for over 5 months now, the battery on the recording it starting to die. So I went to Build-A-Bear, picked out an adorable puppy, and recorded Alex's recording into the dog. Now when I go to bed at night, I just cuddle my puppy, squeeze his paw, and listen to the love of my life's voice.

Sorry that was a very long introduction to a not so long story, but I had to set the scene for you. A few nights ago I was peacefully sleeping in my bed while cuddling with my stuffed pup and having a dream about none other than my wonderful husband. In my dream he started talking to me and his voice sounded so real and so close that it startled me out of my sleep. Then the talking continued. As much as I love him and love the sound of his voice, I'd be lying if I said it didn't scare the crap out of me. Fresh out of a deep sleep it took me a minute to really wake up and realize that the so real voice that I heard in my dream was in fact Alex's voice....coming from my Build-A-Bear. I had rolled over on his paw in my sleep and set off the recording. As much as it scared me, I loved waking up to his voice and I am so looking forward to the day that I get to wake up not only to his voice but to his face, lips, and touch also.

I also wanted to add this in. I have listened to the recording so many times that I have it memorized and I want to share it with all of you. Although it is so much better to hear the way he says it, I can't add in an audio clip so I will just type it out for you:

"Hey Emily, it's Alex. You're the girl of my dreams, I love you to death, and I can't wait to see you again. I love you soooo much. Talk to you soon. Bye babe."

The way he says "I love you soooo much" absolutely melts my heart. He is so wonderful. Anyway, this story is not to tell you about how much I love my hubs, it's to tell you about my startling wake up and to make you laugh. I hope it worked :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I don't blame you for being creeped out. If I woke up from a deep sleep to a recording like that, I would feel the exact same way! The recording is such a sweet idea though, I wish I had something like that for myself. Good story ;)

    ReplyDelete