Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project Smile: Day 4, 5, & 6

I am so very sorry I have not been updating this as often as I said I would, I have been really sick and finally just now feeling like myself again. I am going to warn you now that this will probably happen a lot with me, I am sick more than anyone I have ever met in my life. So I am just going to say that days 5 & 6 don't count in my project because although my days were bad, I was not sad or upset for any reason, just sick. Day 4 was great though, I will tell you about all about it.

Day 4: Saturday
#1: The highlight of my weekend was definitely Saturday night. I went out and had drinks with 3 girls that were my best friends in high school, the 4 of us were together all the time. We got ourselves in a lot of trouble but we usually always had a fun time doing it. It was so much fun talking about all the old days and the silly (and stupid) things that we used to do. It's nice to know that even after the good and the bad times we went through together, we can all sit around together as adults, and laugh at the old days. I love those girls and they will always have a special place in my heart.

#2: This is not something I am just now realizing but there are times that it stands out to me more than usual. I am really blessed to have such an amazing husband. Not only does he love me with everything in him but he is also very easy. I know what you are probably thinking, "Did she just call her husband easy??" Yes, yes I did. Let me explain. Alex trusts me completely, which makes things while he is deployed very easy. I can go out with my friends, girls and boys, without him getting upset with me or lecturing me at all. I can have guy friends without him getting jealous or accusing me of doing anything wrong. He trusts me and knows that I would never in a million years do anything to hurt him or ruin our marriage. He also is not the arguing type at all which makes life pretty easy also. If I get upset about something that has to do with him I can tell him how I am feeling and he either talks it out with me or looks for a way to fix it. Never once has Alex ever raised his voice at me, called me a name, or said anything mean to me. That for me is a HUGE change from what I am used to in relationships. He makes me want to be a better person. I am not the easiest girl to date but with him everything is so simple; I don't get jealous, I don't get angry with him, and I don't ever feel like I need to work at keeping him in love with me. He is the best person I know. Don't get me wrong, our marriage is not perfect, no ones is, but it is pretty easy....for now :)

#3: I got a comment on facebook on Saturday that really touched my heart and this is what it said: "I just wanted to tell you that you and your husband are quite possibly the cutest thing ever! :) Its such a breath of fresh air to see people so much in love. I love it! :) deployments are hard, I've been through a few myself, but you will make it through easy as pie :) keep your good attitude and a smile on your face!" It brought tears to my eyes. This girl is someone that I have known for a very long time but not someone that I talk to all the time. I think that is why it meant so much to me. She took the time out of her day to go to my page and write me a comment letting me know she was thinking about me. It really meant a lot to me and it definitely brought a smile to my face.

As of right now here are the stats : 3 Good, 1 Bad, and 2 Sick. I'm winning!!! Today is day 7 and once I get home from Zumba I will tell you what category it is going to fall under. Also, since I didn't write anything for days 5 and 6, I will tell you a funny story about something that happened to me a few days ago, I know that some of you will be able to relate to it. I have to get ready to go to Zumba now though.

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and please don't forget that no matter hard things might be getting, God will never give you anything He doesn't know you can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment