Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Project Smile: Day 3...Sorry It's Late!

As much as I would love to say that Day 3 was a total success along with days 2 and 1, it wasn't. I'm not going to lie to you guys, I said I would honestly tell you if my project is working or not and yesterday it just didn't work. There were a couple highlights of the day but overall it wasn't very good. I'll tell you the couple of good things that went right though.

Highlight #1: I LOVE cooking but for some reason I only like to cook for my husband. I don't cook much while I am at my parents house, as much as I love them, but for some reason I don't get the same joy out of cooking for them that I do when I cook for Alex. Yesterday though, I decided to cook for my in-laws. Needless to say, I was a little worried. I love Alex because no matter what I cook for him, he eats it and he tells me he loves it, even though sometimes I know he really doesn't. So I don't really know if my cooking is as good as he says it is. I made a chicken and noodle dish that a good friend in Ft. Campbell taught me how to make, and since neither my MIL or DIL threw up, I think it was a success :) I really enjoyed making it for them. Afterward, my mother-in-law and I had a much needed heart to heart and mended some ties that desperately needed mending. Although I write a lot about my personal life on here, this part is just between her and I. It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders though and I am already feeling a lot less stressed than I have been the last couple of months.

Highlight #2: I am not a huge fan of going to the movies anymore, I can't stand how much they cost even with military discount. Yesterday though, 2 of my best girlfriends asked me to go see "No Strings Attached" with them and I accepted. I'm not going to lie, it was by far one of the funniest movies I have seen in a very long time. My girlfriends and I were laughing the entire time, and not just like a little giggle here and there. I mean full on laughing out loud. I highly recommend everyone go and see it!

Both of those things were pretty great but the rest of the day flat out sucked. There have been things that I have been struggling with lately and they have really been getting to me. I've learned though that the best way to deal with a problem is to face it head on, so that's what I did today. That's for today's blog though so you'll have to wait for that story. As of right now though, I am going to give you a little sneak peak and say that Project Smile: Day 4 has been an AWESOME success. You're going to have to wait for the details on that one though. Until then, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and staying safe!!

Remember to SMILE !! :)

1 comment:

  1. I went to see that to yesterday, I laughed my ass off. "It's like a crime scene in my pants".

    ReplyDelete